At Solution Now Law Firm, we believe in the ability of everyone to achieve their goals. Car accident victims, post-combat veterans, and other affected individuals may doubt their abilities, but the right environment and support system can help them move forward. Working in injury law, we have seen the hurdles people with a disability face, but we continue to be inspired by those who use their disability as a strength. For that reason, we are proud to announce our Ability Scholarship!
Disabilities, whether internal or external, are a daily challenge, and people may never fully overcome them. But, as people adapt, they learn to work with their disabilities. Some break the stigma, play to their strengths, and focus on what they can do, rather than what they cannot.
We have created the Ability Scholarship for students to share their experiences dealing with a disability and how they have overcome obstacles.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, vocational student, college student, or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a vocational program or two to five year post-secondary institution for the 2024 Fall semester.
- Employees of Solution Now Law Firm, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 750-1000 word essay response to the prompt: Disability is often perceived as a disadvantage, though there are challenges, living with a disability can allow people to make discoveries about themselves that they may have never explored prior. Many of the brave veterans the attorneys at Solution Now Law Firm work with don’t let their injuries hold them back, but instead, use them as a means to push forward. This scholarship is open to students who have a disability, either internal or external, who can share their stories of how they use their situation as an advantage and turn their disability into a strength.
- Please note that all essays will be checked for AI writing. If AI writing is deemed present in the essay, the application will be denied.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
- Preference will be given to students either from or attending secondary school in the state.
The recipient of the Ability Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
To view our previous winners, visit our scholarship winners page.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their complete application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2024. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “Solution Now – 2024 Ability Scholarship Application.”
Please send any questions to email@example.com as well.