San Jose Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Considering the weather and gorgeous scenery throughout California, it is no surprise that there are more than 820,000 registered motorcycle riders in the state. However, this data also sheds some light on a statistic that is more troubling: According to theCalifornia Highway Patrol’s Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System, there are more than a dozen fatal motorcycle accidents and almost 450 injury causing crashes in Santa Clara County every year. Just one look at the size differential between a motorcycle and the average passenger car will tell you who is most vulnerable to serious bodily harm.
Though a motorcycle accident is tragic, you may get some comfort from knowing that you have options for obtaining compensation. Our attorneys at the Solution Now Law Firm will advocate on your behalf throughout the legal process, enabling you to focus on recovery. Please contact us to schedule a free consultation with a San Jose motorcycle accidents lawyer, and check out some important information about your rights.
Motorcycle Crash Cases are Complicated
In a typical motor vehicle accident, you can recover monetary damages if you can prove the responsible motorist caused the collision through a breach of the legal duty to drive safely. Still, there are multiple factors that make these cases more complex from the standpoint of your injuries and legal issues:
- The design of a motorcycle results in certain inherent dangers for the rider. Besides the difference in size compared to other vehicles, a two-wheeled motorcycle is less stable and more difficult to handle.
- Because the rider is not protected by a protective barrier, he or she will almost always be ejected from the motorcycle. The secondary impacts of hitting the ground and other objects can lead to catastrophic injuries.
- Prejudice against motorcycle riders as “daredevils” persists and can possibly affect your claim. This bias may be used against you through allegations that you were partly at fault, which would reduce your compensation under California’s comparative negligence law.
Legal Remedies for Victims of Motorcycle Collisions
Like other motor vehicle crashes, your first step in the legal process is filing a claim with the responsible driver’s insurer. If you cannot reach a settlement agreement to resolve your claim, you will need to take your case to court. Our team at the Solution Now Law Firm will support you throughout the process, employing our skills to ensure you receive compensation for:
- Your medical bills;
- Lost wages and future earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering;
- Losses based upon how your motorcycle accident injuries affect your personal relationships;
- Diminished quality of life; and,
- Many other damages depending on the details of your case.
Our San Jose Motorcycle Accidents Attorneys Can Assist with Your Remedies
This overview of the legal process may be useful, there are numerous details that make motorcycle crash claims extremely complex. To learn how a San Jose motorcycle accidents lawyer can help, please call 408-256-2871 or go online to reach the Solution Now Law Firm. We can schedule a no-cost consultation to review your circumstances and determine how to proceed.